Monday, August 7, 2017

Thursday, July 27, 2017, Lake Carlos State Park, MN
Day 77

Departed Minneapolis/St. Paul and stopped in St. Could, MN, at the Clemens Gardens, beautiful gardens including an annual garden, rose garden, white garden and others with a hike along the banks of the Mississippi River. I should also mention that I-94 was so bad between the twin cities and St. Cloud that I thought the coach was going to shake apart. I ended up driving in the left lane which I discovered was much smoother than the right lane. Although all the other traffic needed to pass me on the right, not one blew a horn. We continued to Lake Carlos State Park about 10 miles north of Alexandria, MN, and checked into its lower campground with 50amp electric. We walked along Lake Carlos as the sun was going down until the mosquitoes were just about to carry us away. These pests are much larger and more aggressive than their Florida relatives. We terminated about 6 of them in the coach in the hours before bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment