Thursday, August 2, 2018

Day 6.  Tuesday, July 31, 2018.  Bridgewater, VA to Wilmington, DE.
Just as we were departing Bluestone Vineyards, I saw a black bear running through the field next to the Vineyard where we were walking the evening before.  Bears are fast runners so I guess I need to keep my whistle on me for future walks. I have been informed that a whistle will chase a bear away but I am not convinced and hope to never have to test that theory. A travel day, 256 miles to the Wilmington Walmart for a little grocery shopping and a night in their parking lot.

Day 5.  Monday, July 30, 2018.  Hendersonville, NC to Bridgewater, VA.
Departed Hendersonville, NC, and drove 358 miles to the Bluestone Vineyard located a bit west of Bridgewater, VA.  Bluestone is a Harvest Hosts host which allowed us to spend the night in its parking lot.  We arrived about 4:30 and had a tasting of 6 of their wines.  The wines were quite good and we purchased a bottle of Viognier.  After dinner we walked around the vineyard several times to get in our steps.  The area is beautiful rolling hills of farmland.  The only tradeoff is we are without an internet signal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment