Sunday, June 25, 2017

Tuesday, June 20, 2017, Belleville, MI (Ann Arbor)
Day 40

Last night a problem developed with our rear a/c unit. A loud noise developed sounding like a freight train going through our coach which caused us to immediately shut it down. So this morning was dedicated to trying to solve the problem. The manufacturer, Coleman, had nothing but a recorded loop and no ability to speak to a live person. General RV, located about 30 minutes away, said they had no appointments until after September 1 and would only replace the unit not repair it. So I called my RV Medic in Tampa and they were a big help in aiding me diagnose the problem and helping me avoid getting an electric shock while on the roof.  A cracked blower wheel was the culprit. Since I was able to remove the broken part, now I just needed a new part to which I had a most important part number. Camping World, about 5 minutes away, took my order and was to check on when it could get the part. Never heard from them again. Fortunately, I was not waiting for them. I also called National RV, also 5 minutes away, and received a return call in about 2 minutes and advised the part would be in the next day. Hooray! This took up the entire morning so we had lunch and then headed into Ann Arbor. We visited the University of Michigan Museum of Art and walked around the campus and the town with a stop for a bubble tea. Dinner at Amadeus, Central European cuisine. The chicken paprikash was very good but it was not quite like my little nana’s. The Zywiec Porter from Poland was excellent-what a porter should be, dark and full bodied. Rosemary had a salad, topped with chicken. A sacher torte topped off a good meal.










No comments:

Post a Comment